raspberry lemon curd recipe
This low-carb raspberry mousse is a classic dessert with a twist - skip the gelatin and add sugar substitute for a delightful and inspirational finale to your meal. The mousse made quite a few appearances at dinners and family parties and everyone just loves it. Everyone will clamor for a second (or third!) serving. The mousse is easy to make even if you are a novice cook. This is a speedy recipe for busy work days and tight schedules. Raspberry mousse is a beautiful, homey dessert and our favorite. You can also use your fruit favorites. The kids licked their glasses clean.
- 1 1/3 cup of heavy cream
- 2 1/2 spoons sugar substitute
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- 3 ½ tablespoons of butter
MAKES: 4 servings
- Lemon curd: Mix the eggs, lemon juice, and salt and use a stick blender to combine well. Move to a saucepan, heat, and stir regularly. Remove from heat when the mixture thickens and add the butter. Stir to combine well. Leave aside.
- Combine the sugar substitute, vanilla, and cream and whip. Then combine the raspberries, cream mixture, and lemon curd. Divide into 4 glasses or dessert dishes and garnish with raspberries. You can use fresh or frozen raspberries.