strawberry and cream cheese dessert recipe
This delightful dessert is suitable for any occasion and will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth. A lovely way to end your dinner or lunch, our cream cheese dessert combines delicious ingredients in a beautiful way. It is the perfect dessert for low carbers and healthy eaters. The abundance of fresh fruit combined with cream cheese and whipped cream is a match made in heaven. A definite must try and no guilt. This is a festive treat for your family dinner, party, barbecue, or picnic. Serve at tea time to impress your friends.
- 4 cups of fresh strawberries (1 cup for the strawberry syrup and 3 cups for the filling)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, grated
- 1 cup of yogurt
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- whipped cream
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla *you can also use blueberries or raspberries
MAKES: 4 servings
- Prepare the strawberry syrup first. Simmer water, strawberries, and 1 tablespoon of sugar substitute for 10 - 15 minutes. Cool and strain to separate the syrup from the strawberries and set aside.
- Use a fork to break the cream cheese or process it in the food processor. Remove any liquid from the yogurt, transfer to a medium bowl, and combine it with the cream cheese. Add the strawberry syrup and lemon zest, combine well, and mix with the mixer until creamy and well blended.
- Distribute half of the cream among 4 glasses or bowls, add strawberries, and then add the remaining lemon cream. Garnish with whipped cream and top with blueberries. Refrigerate for 4 - 6 hours to cool and serve with low-carb cookies.